Thoughts on meeting multiple times in the week
So I've been thinking a bit about how to get people more involved in the club and create a closer knit community and I had an interesting idea. We usually have a somewhat structured meeting lead by myself or another officer of the club, but what about another time during the week for members to meet that isn't structured. What I'm thinking is something like a set time on Tuesday or something before the regular meeting where members are encouraged to socialize and work together to learn new things or work on club projects. It would be similar to the normal meetings as in I would reserve a room for us to meet in, but I wouldn't be lecturing or doing demos or anything. This time would be dedicated only to members working together.

I would like to get a few club projects going this term and this would be a good time to work on things like that, but it could be used for pretty much anything as long as we get together as a club. So it could even be used for working on homework if any of you share classes with other members. Again the focus would be more on getting together as a group and less on the actual substance of the meeting.

What do you think? Good idea? Bad idea? It's an idea that would be really easy to try out for a few weeks and see where it leads us so I think it's worth a shot.
I think that is a good idea.
Passionate about Cisco, Linux & ESXi

My lab: http://corvallisitclub.com/showthread.php?tid=61